AAUW engages in: P- Philanthropy, E- Education, A- Advocacy, R- Research
Our key issues are:
AAUW advocates for equality, individual rights, and social justice for a diverse society.
- Affirmative action
- Equal Rights Amendment
- Federal judicial nominations
- Hate crimes prevention
- Human trafficking
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender issues
- Reproductive rights
AAUW advocates for all women to achieve economic self-sufficiency.
AAUW supports a strong system of public education that promotes gender fairness, equity, and diversity.
- Career and technical education
- Charter schools
- Common core standards
- Education and training in welfare/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Higher education
- No Child Left Behind Act
- School vouchers
- Single-sex education
- Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education
- Sexual harassment and violence in school
AAUW supports vigorous enforcement of Title IX and all other civil rights laws pertaining to education.